Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Note Of Encouragement From My Stepson

Q: Dave, Again your narratives on this blog are fantastic! I look forward to staying abreast of the details of your progress and/or setbacks with your plans on the new place (typically Mom's details leave more questions). I hope that you have a safe trip to NM, further hope that your new "toys" big ole truck and trailer measure up to your expectations you have in mind.Bryan
Asked by Bryan Griffiths

A: Thanks Bryan, and thanks again for your help in sorting out the trailer systems. I put in the new batteries yesterday and replaced two more fuses. Now everything works as good as new including the front electric jack, and the freezer is actually freezing. I also picked up a new spare wheel and tire at Walt's RV in Fontana for $60.00. They have a mountain of good stuff cheap.

I'm running more than a day behind schedule, so I now expect to leave super-early Friday morning. The weather looks good enough so I will go through Flagstaff on I-40 instead of taking the I-10 all the way out to the south end of I-25, then north to US 60. That will save almost 200 miles of drive time and a little over a half tank of fuel.

I had the Dodge completely serviced yesterday; full lube, radiator flushed, engine, transmission, transfer case, and both differentials oil drained and replaced with full synthetic. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd had been a little scratchy, but the new oil took care of that.

If I have no problems on the road I should sleep Saturday night on the ranch.

Ask David a question.

No comments: