Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mackaela, The Cows, And Lunch

Q: Hi Dave, Do you need a special license to drive the truck and trailer you just got? When do you think it will too cold to stay? Seeing the BEEF drink from your bathtub, do you plan on raising cattle in the future? Let me know when your back and have time, we'll do lunch and you can tell your adventure story. Take careTerry
Asked by Terry

A: Hi Terry,

I have a commercial license, but that's only necessary for over 26000 pounds. A 28 foot trailer and a day cab, 2 axle truck would have to be really loaded to get that heavy. I'll put the required "NOT FOR HIRE" signs on the rig to avoid the attention of the DOT and not have to stop at weight and inspection stations.

Probably around the end of October will see me out of here for the winter. The only way I could stay longer would be if I can get the metal barn up and enclosed and heated. The shack just won't do in it's present configuration.

I'm pretty sure we will have some cows and horses to keep the grass mowed, but 40 acres in normal times won't support more than a few.

I'll definitely be on for lunch within a week or two after I get back.

Ask David a question.

No comments: