Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trenching And Progress

Here's a couple of shots of the electricians doing their thing. They completely tore up the rental trenching machine in our rocky ground.
The service panel will take the place of a temporary pole with a meter, and provide the connecting point for the CO-OP power lines.
This long trench will provide power to the big metal building. They said that since they already had the trencher on site they would do all the trenches for the single price they had quoted me for just the house and the well. Not a bad deal.

====================================================================
And a shot of the header beam for my carport rafters. I did some painting also to protect the raw wood against the UV.
The shelves on the deck are the permanent cabinet I built to house my bank of six deep cycle batteries. The cabinet will have doors before it is finished.
====================================================================
And once again I have found a concrete contractor. He's is doing the bid and said he will bring it to me on Monday. I wait with fingers crossed.

NOTE: 30 August 2008-- My hopes for results from this guy were dashed when he came back with an outrageously high bid. I'll just keep looking.
*************************************************************************************

No comments: