Monday, August 11, 2008

Mackaela Hooks Up

Part of the early morning view from approximately the height of our future south east facing deck. I would like the deck to be about three feet higher than this sight line.
====================================================================
Why yes, I do like sunrise pictures. Why do you ask? I even think they're worth getting up for.

====================================================================
And the damned cattle think my well trough is their new watering hole. One Hereford range bull challenged me this morning, but a good whack with a two by four changed his mind.

====================================================================
Mackaela and the Reefer hooked up like they had met before.
I pulled up a pre-trip check list on the internet, and the rig (and air brakes) passed. Amazing! I did have to clean and re grease the 5th wheel and the release mechanism for it to work smoothly. Just about a 30 minute job.
I did the hook up trucker style with a solid bang and then yanked on the trailer before releasing the trailer brakes. I got good air pressure with no leaks (all four new grommets this morning) and the trailer brakes released on command. The lessons at truck driving school must have been good ones for me to have remembered so much.



====================================================================
AND THEN there's the occasional sunset that speaks for itself.

*************************************************************************************

No comments: