Thursday, June 12, 2008

Preparations and Plans

I spent yesterday sorting and packing tools, and this morning trimming trees. I am In "Honey-Do" mode today 'cause it's my wifes one day off. 10 days from now I will be building a covered porch on my shack and meeting with the contractor who will pour the slab, lay the foundation, and erect my metal barn. It is officially a "barn" for the sake of minimizing the Valencia County permit process fees, and reducing property taxes, and getting the state and federal tax credits for agricultural construction.

By day twenty I should be well into the power line (COOP) process, well location, and west-boundary-fence location. I have spotted a couple of Ford tractors in the Belen (30 miles away) area for sale, and plan to buy the better of the two ($3500.00 or less) to clear the fence line and do a little preliminary (money-saving fun) site preparation for the "barn".

I managed to work on my blog page later yesterday getting it to look a little more like I wanted. My wife likes it and she has a good eye for graphics and format, so I think it's good to go. Once I get out on the place I'll be using my solitary time to add pictures and commentary each evening.

No comments: