Friday, June 13, 2008

Sharing the Fun

Q: Hi David, welcome to Askablogr! Your off-the-grid living project sounds like a great adventure, and I bet if you bring your engineer's perspective and voice to the technical aspects of the project you'll attract a reader base pretty quickly. Let me know if you have feedback or suggestions on the signup / install process and looking forward to reading your blog as the project unfolds. Cheers!
Asked by Chris DeVore

A: Hi Chris,

I grew up on a ranch near Hondo, Texas, out west of San Antonio. Left the ranch when I was seventeen, but the ranch never left me. Including my military service I was in engineering for over forty five years. That education and experience will never leave me either.

I have a ton of ideas for wind and solar power generation schemes, and mostly simple efficient environmentally friendly structures. In the past few years I have accumulated several 3 inch 3-ring binders full of clippings, notes, and schetches of stuff I want to pursue further. The highlands of New Mexico have such wonderful natural resources for that kind of pursuit.

When I first thought of starting a blog, my only intention was to provide a regular progress report for my wife and family and friends, so they could see what I'm doing and know I am well and having fun. I wanted to share the fun.  It didn't really occur to me that there are people all over with interests similar to mine, and that we could develope a natural connection via the blog. I like the thought of being a part of such a connection. It seems to be a source of great potential benefit.  

Ask David a question.

No comments: