Monday, January 25, 2010

More Studs Today

*****************************************************

 At 1:30pm it was still 32 degrees with enough wind to
discourage outside activity, so a little before 2:00pm I 

kicked back to take a nap. 

Sixteen minutes later I snapped awake to the sound of 
"NO WIND". I checked the temp and it was 36 degrees. 
Time to go to work.

I am able to work very much better in the cold than I ever
expected.
The pictures show what was done in just over 
two hours. 




As the sun dipped toward the horizon, so did the
temperature. What was mud at 3:00pm was frozen again 

by 4:15. The area on the deck where water was 
dripping  from the porch roof became an Ice-skating rink. 
It was time to quit and take pictures.



 

Tomorrow I turn the southwest corner, put in fire-blocks, 
and slap some paint on the raw wood.

You'll notice I have not yet put in a rough opening for a
window. That's because I am re-designing the stairs to 

have a landing and a 90 degree turn, and the window will 
be at the landing. Once again "Rise and Run" drives the 
change. A straight stairway would have to be too steep in 
the available space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Russell and Cleo lounged on the deck and watched me 

work until I started putting away my tools. Then, as if on 
cue, they wagged, "bye-bye", and headed home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chile and cheese mixed with FRITOS for supper, watch an
old movie, maybe blog some more, and hit the sack around
10:00pm.

*************************************************


No comments: