Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Windy and Cold, With a Short Wall

The blue skies this morning ushered in a cold wind that 
lasted until just after noon.

I had already stacked the lumber I needed to cut and I 

had planned my moves.

Even at 40 degrees with a lighter wind I was pretty 

comfortable in just a hoodie, gloves, and my thermal 
underwear.

The weather is not supposed to be bad tomorrow, but if it 

is I'll go get more lumber in the morning.



Looking at this sky you can almost smell the crisp clean air.




 

The rise and run of the stairs dictated that the second 
floor be no higher than 9 feet 3 inches, rather than the 10 
feet I had originally intended.



The top edge of the horizontal 2x6 in these pictures is at 
the level of the top of the second deck floor joists. 



I almost always like to include at least one picture of the
deck and the front of my little green shack. It won't look 
like this much longer.



No comments: