Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bread And Bales

Q: HI David!Congratulations on your well! That is an occasion worth celebrating for sure. You mentioned on your blog that you would like whatever structure you put there to live in, should look like it belongs there. I totally agree. Have you looked into the process of encasing any premade structure with straw bales? It can be done very effectively!Jude
Asked by Jude

A: Hi Jude,

I kept the bread you gave me tightly wrapped and enclosed in the big ziplock. It lasted until last night, when I made a pocket PB&J with the heal. It was still wonderful bread.

No, I haven't given much (or any) thought to straw bale encasement of a premade home. I will give it some study.

One thing I know for sure is that it would require over-roofing to extend the eaves far enough to protect the bales and to maintain the aesthetics of the house. 

Ask David a question.

No comments: