Friday, July 11, 2008

We Have A well

Q: Hi Dave,The place is starting to take shape. Did they finish drilling the well? Once the well is complete, will you be pouring the foundation for the Modular Home? I'm glad to see people are checking in on you frequently and inviting you for dinner. It sounds like your neighbors are very friendly and outgoing. We miss you here at the office. Your seat is vacant in case you want to come back. keep up the good work and be safe. Talk to ya soon! Mark
Asked by Mark Sullivan

A: Hi Mark,

Yes, we hit water this morning. 3 to 5 gallons per minute at 820 feet and another 3 or so at 880. I authorized drilling to 900 feet for good packing depth. thats when we hit the second stream at 880. That was more than twice as deep as I thought I was prepared to go, but it's like Las Vegas: if you lose you double down. Sometimes you win and sometimes you just lose twice as much!

Yes, also on the house foundation. Now that we have a well, we know where to put the house and the power lines, and my big metal building.

I guess I have to say I don't think I could ever come back to the desk job. With the work, my strength is returning, I'm losing weight (I'm in the last hole in my work belt) and I am sleeping better than I have in years, even on this stupid camp cot.

I'm leaving tonight to go get my tractor. More pictures of it on Monday.

Miss you too. 

 

Ask David a question.

No comments: