Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rainy Day, No Sale After All

Watching the rain, and drinking Mary's great coffee at Alpine Alley made it not a "lost" day, but one for good conversation, contemplation and planning.
Back at the ranch I was able to catch up on some correspondence and reading. You know how you always take something to read, but never get to it. Well, that's me too.
The contractor whose name I did not mention never called or emailed as promised so I guess I won't be mentioning his name after all.
======================================================================
Postscript to the above comment about the contractor:
Even though I don't normally pursue or play phone tag with someone who has promised to call me back, I made an exception and called him (as my kinder-than-me wife requested). It is after all, a very important part of our future plans to have that building to aid our transition.
So I called him and he said he had emailed the info yesterday. Did I not get it? (After 41 years in aerospace, where have I heard that before?) So he said he would resend it immediately. 30 minutes (now 1 hour and 15 minutes) and I am still waiting. I even called again and left a message reiterating my email address, in case of a transcription error, don't ya know?
His fall-back position is that he will be in the Mountainair area on Monday and will drop off a hard copy, if I will be available.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I guess working with Walter Elliott just plain spoiled me. He just does what he says he will do, period.
And just to be on the safe side I went ahead and called Breck Walden to see if he would come put up my temporary pole and meter and pull the permit, so Ted Mosley can stake and install my power poles.
It sure is good to know who to call.
=====================================================================

No comments: