Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Metal Building Looms Large

I had been concerned lately that I had not made any progress toward getting my big metal building put up, so when I was in Mountainair this morning getting ready to do my laundry, it was good fortune that my friend Walter Elliott stopped to ask how I was fairing with the new well. Funny how good people seem to appear when you need them.
After we discussed the well I told him I needed somebody to form and pour a slab and pier walls to mount the building on and he directed me to the local concrete company where the office manager provided the names and numbers of two recommended contractors. The first one I called was only a few miles away driving from Belen to Mountainair and was able to stop by our place.
Not only did we take care of the metal building, but the house pier wall foundation and the house electrical service as well. In less than two hours I had valuable guidance and suggestions on how to proceed with all of my pending projects. By Friday I will have a proposal (with options) and firm bids on the work we need done to complete our home. I think I just found our general contractor.
You'll notice that I haven't given his name yet, but I will when I have more to report. I will say that I have a very good feeling about the whole thing.
====================================================================

No comments: