Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Incredible Stillness At Sunrise

I awoke at 06:15 to a stillness so profound as to be almost eerie. Expecting something unusual, I retrieved my camera and stood just inside the door of my shack looking East. Only an artist could have captured the sunrise. The camera certainly could not. The sky changed by the moment and it was continuously beautiful. I was grateful to be able to see such a sight.


===================================================================

Then I pumped the well for awhile. It's still in the clean up process, but it is running clear most of the time now. About 350 gallons out today before I shut it off.

===================================================================

The visit by the Central New Mexico Electrical Cooperative "Staking Technician", Ted Mosley went very well. It is almost 1000 feet from the nearest pole to where our house and the well and the metal building will be. That equates to 3 poles, the wire and the appurtenances, or about $5500. There are allowances and such that could total $2500 which would be subtracted from that. Whatever it works out to, it's a necessity and part of the cost of living in the country.
I drove into Mountainair to the CO-OP office and filled out the easement document and had it notarized right there. I also made a healthy deposit to get the process stared. They sure are easy to work with.
===================================================================

Then I treated myself to lunch at the "Alpine Alley". Amazingly good chicken noodle soup and a
wonderfully satisfying roast beef sandwich with all the fixin's.
===================================================================

Tomorrow is "shack work" and call the electrician to get the temporary pole and the permit for the electrical hook up.
===================================================================

No comments: