Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Didn't Either

Q: Hi Dave,The pictures look awesome. Wow, I had no idea that the cost of the well could be that expensive. I imagine the depth of the well had a significant impact in that factor. What's next? Electricity, the foundation, ??? I see all of your accomplishments and I haven't finished my bathroom yet. Your making me look bad. You will be happy to know that I finished painting the walls and have hung the mirror. Your probably going to be bathing before me!!!!! Take care!
Asked by Mark Sullivan

A: "WELL" I didn't either. If I had spent the same amount on a new pickup I would be feeling severe buyers remorse.  But there is just no way to regret spending so much money on something so valuable. We have more than doubled the value of the land. Strong producing wells that are deep enough to be completely drought proof are rare in this country.

Next I have got to find a house. I'll be going up to ABQ later today to look at manufactured homes at the Karsten Factory Outlet. They have twelve models on display. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a country style house that I can modify with an extra large kitchen/gathering room and a huge covered deck all the way accross the south side of the house.

I'm about to give up on composting toilets and go with a septic system. As much as I dislike them. None of the three builders/contractors I have spoken to have any knowledge or experience with composters. That and the fact that we have a good well makes water conservation a little less critical.

I have not yet taken the soak in my own water that I was so looking forward to. It still has enough silt in it to turn me pink! 

Ask David a question.

No comments: